Menu

Newsletter

FOLLOW GHLAGATIN

600 teachers in Greater Accra receive laptops under govt’s ‘one teacher one laptop’ programme

Lamine Yamal 2 weeks ago 0

In the latest phase of the government’s “One Teacher One Laptop” initiative, 600 teachers from the Ada East and West District Directorates in the Greater Accra Region have received laptops to enhance their teaching skills.

ALSO READ:  IMF covering up for Akufo-Addo's failed govt? — Check out their latest 'deceiving' statement about Ghana's economy

The distribution, which took place at Ada Foah and Sege, was part of a nationwide effort to provide all public school teachers with laptops.

District Director of Education, Mr. Stephen Arthur, expressed gratitude to the Ghana Education Service, Ministry of Education, and teacher unions for the initiative.

ALSO READ:  Lady Turns Heads On the Street with Unusual Afro Hairstyle

He emphasized the importance of ICT-mediated Teacher Professional Development and hoped the laptops would be utilized effectively for the benefit of both teachers and students.

The “One Teacher One Laptop” programme, launched by Vice President Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia in September 2021, aims to enhance education delivery through information technology.

ALSO READ:  Man Brushes his Girlfriend’s Teeth to Show how much he loves her (VIDEO)

Under the programme, each teacher in public schools from Kindergarten to Senior High School will receive a laptop to aid in lesson preparation, research, and learning. The government covers 70% of the laptop’s cost, while teachers pay the remaining 30%.

– Advertisement – Impel Travels
Written By

Leave a Reply

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

We use cookies on our website to give you the most relevant experience by remembering your preferences and repeat visits. By clicking “Accept All”, you consent to the use of ALL the cookies. However, you may visit "Cookie Settings" to provide a controlled consent.
Cookie Policy
Cookie Settings
Accept All Cookies
We use cookies on our website to give you the most relevant experience by remembering your preferences and repeat visits. By clicking “Accept All”, you consent to the use of ALL the cookies. However, you may visit "Cookie Settings" to provide a controlled consent.
Cookie Policy
Cookie Settings
Accept All Cookies